Friday, September 10, 2010

Good Bye 'Merica; Szia Hungary

Well it is official, I have returned to the homeland.
And thank god for it too because in the 48 hours it took me to get here, I thought I would never see anything but the soul crushing stained walls of airport after airport.  The actual story is extremey lengthy and full of very many swear words so:

                       Mariska's Flight to Hungary via Flow Chart

5:30 am go to Seatac -> Fly to Houston ->  hour layover -> Delay -> wait-> go to service desk -> entire flight follows -> flight canceled -> wait wait -> "Go to London!...but get your bags" -> baggage claim -> wait wait -> missing bag -> wait wait wait -> "oh, it's already been transferred" -> run across airport -> no one at British airways -> annoyed lady prints my ticket -> run through security -> "have you started loading"..." no the plane is delayed"-> wait wait -> load -> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz -> time change -> grab bags -> take bus to a different airport -> wait wait wait -> Zone D -> wait wait wait for gate to open- .....delay- wait wait wait wait -> load! -> no more English -> land! -> take shuttle to dorm -> pass out-> THE END.


So needless to say I have been extremely jetlagged for a long time now but have still been at a constant go, touring the city, taking Hungarian Language class, and other general orientation things.However I can already tell that it is going to be a wonderful experience. 

Hungary,the beginning:
- Everyone has my nose
- There are pasteries....EVERYWHERE.
- I am actually the one who says my name wrong.
- Knowing random things about Medieval history is actually pretty awesome.













2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing a blog, Mariska. I was hoping for this. I'm going to look for your posts daily and - not only will I enjoy them to the max - I will vicariously live your amazing adventure in Hungary through your blog. And so an extraordinary journey begins! Also, remember to post pics of the motherland. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAriska you're the best.

    I love your blog.

    makes me miss you. big big hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete